SUPPLIER TECHNICAL GUIDE
Table of Contents
- TO OUR PARTNER SUPPLIERS
- CONTACT LIST
- SUSTAINABILITY & DESIGN GUIDELINES
- BUSINESS PRACTICE STANDARDS FOR SUPPLIERS & CONTRACTORS
- DISTRIBUTION PROCEDURES
- PACKING AND SHIPPING STANDARDS
- TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
WHO WE ARE
JOIN THE REVOLUTION! THE FUTURE OF DESIGN IS HERE.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY (GDG) is the world's first e-Boutique dedicated exclusively to high-end contemporary + sustainable niche furniture and design products from independent designers. This is a promising strong trend of bringing new value to contemporary design, and GDG is leading it.
We aim an international niche clientele mainly from North America, Europe, Australia and South-East Asia. Our client’s appreciate our curated product selection, and their values fit perfectly our slogan of “Luxury You Can Trust”.
Our products are selected within very specific rules in terms of contemporary design, innovation and ecological sustainability. We are working hard to build relationships with designers and visionary artisans who have an eye for innovative design and sustainable craftsmanship, around the world.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY makes continuous efforts to keep things simple, yet efficient.
We have condensed the Supplier Process in this Technical Guide and have tried to make it accessible and fun for you, all the while striving to give you the most complete and updated information possible.
We very much understand that the technical and legal language used in this document, although being relevant, is not necessarily a cup of tea (or a glass of wine!), and it could seem complex. Please bear with us! Working with best practices is part of our ethos, so Guides and Agreements are a necessity, as you know. And since we rejoice on the spectacular notion of continuous improvement, we always welcome your questions and comments! Keep them coming!
OUR SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS
Thank you for being a part of the GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Supplier family.
Our Supplier relationships play a very valuable part in our business. Now that supply chain efficiencies are the key to remaining competitive and satisfying our customers, it has become critical that we develop collaborative partnerships with Suppliers who have a similar commitment to these quality standards.
We expect our Suppliers to support us by shipping their merchandise fully compliant with our required transactions, and following our shipping, packing and invoicing guidelines. We have dedicated ourselves to ensure our Supplier standards are in agreement with the direction of the retail industry. As best practices and technology advance, we will continue to review and adopt those enhancements that assist us in achieving our corporate initiatives.
HOW TO USE OUR SUPPLIER TECHNICAL GUIDE
This manual is intended to outline the standards our Supplier partners must follow when doing business with GREEN DESIGN GALLERY. Although we have tried to clearly define our standards, if you have specific questions, please refer to the Contact List and direct them to the appropriate person.
Our Supplier Technical Guide, along with additional Supplier support information, is available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at www.greendesigngallery.com under “Supplier Relations”. All standards updates and revisions are communicated via our website. It is a Supplier’s responsibility to monitor our website regularly and keep all their internal departments updated on GREEN DESIGN GALLERY policy and/or procedural changes.
Suppliers may contact us anytime, for general information:
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc.
International calls: 1-800-436-1GDG (1434)
Local calls (Quebec, Canada): 819-349-1900
Address: 23 Lac Malaga Rd, Austin, Quebec, Canada J0B 1B0
Or regarding specific topics, as follows:
- Client relations
- E-commerce logistics + Orders
- Supplier relations
Finances + Administration
- Human resources + Internships
- Material resources
- Corporate social responsibility
- Green market
Communications + Marketing
- Marketing + Social media
- Catalog + Product information
- Partner relations
- Media relations
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY’s corporate staff can be reached as follows:
Soraya Zarate, MSc | Founder & CEO Christian Denis, MBA | Vice-President & CFO
Sustainability and green product design are at the very core of GREEN DESIGN GALLERY’s business model and philosophy, and as such, they are essential.
We strive to inspire sustainable living and we are committed to making a sustainable lifestyle accessible and attainable.
Every product we offer has a definite design flair in that its innovative and has a clear and unmistakable contemporary edge.
Moreover, every product we offer has also a purpose: to reduce consumption and pollution, protect natural resources, replenish and restore the planet, and celebrate people everywhere.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY puts emphasis on sustainability and product lifecycle thinking from the preliminary stage of its product design.
It is crucial for Us to take consideration of the environmental impacts and risks of products and components used in all stages of its lifecycle.
We also proudly apply sustainability principles within all parts of our business management and administration as well.
We follow international Green Design Guidelines and prior to selection, all GREEN DESIGN GALLERY products are examined along these principles (please see Annex 1 for details).
All phases of the product’s lifecycle are considered: from conception, pre-production, production, distribution, usage, after usage.
Comprehensive information about special materials as well as full information about the production conditions are essential to all GREEN DESIGN GALLERY product retention.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc. is committed to legal compliance and ethical business practices in all our operations worldwide and is firm in our resolve to do business only with those Suppliers and contractors which we believe share in that commitment.
In support of this commitment, GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc. demands that all individuals or organizations who provide direct and indirect materials and services, as well as all suppliers, contractors, consultants and other intermediaries (herein referred to as “Suppliers”) agree to follow our Business Practice Standards as condition of the business relationship.
Suppliers, agents or other individuals representing GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc. must not agree or act together with any competitor with regard to prices, terms or conditions of sale, purchase, production, distribution, territories, customers, or Suppliers and must not exchange or discuss with a competitor prices, terms or conditions of sale, or any other competitive information, or engage in any other conduct which may restrict competition or otherwise violate any of the antitrust laws.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, TRADE SECRETS, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Suppliers have a duty to not disclose confidential information concerning GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc. (including records, reports, processes, plans, methods, and prospective financial information), or to disclose information about GDG’s customers or other confidential information obtained through the Supplier’s relationship with GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc.
Any trademarks or patentable or copyrightable subject matter, including computer programs and systems or methods of doing business, created and which relates to the GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc.’s business, is intellectual property belonging to the Company and will be held in the name of the Company.
This is true irrespective of where, when and how the work is done. Suppliers may be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and/or receive approval from GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc.’s legal counsel prior to being allowed access to confidential information.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Suppliers shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding environment, health and safety.
Suppliers must ensure that their employees or agents working on behalf of GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc. facility work in a way that assures their own safety and the safety of others.
OUR COMPANY STRATEGY: BEST PRACTICES & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc. is committed to supporting and work by best practices in the e-Commerce field and in business management.
By implementing these guidelines, we can expedite our merchandise flow to better manage our distribution logistics, increase e-Commerce sales, and enhance customer service.
This allows us to continue to build a more successful and mutually profitable partnership with our Clients and our Suppliers.
SUPPLIER PARTNERSHIP + ORDER PROCESS
Here are the major steps of GDG’s Supplier Order Fulfillment Process:
- Supplier signs our Partnership Agreement and carefully reviews our Supplier Technical Guide;
- Supplier fills out the Supplier Registration Form, the Product Technical Sheet (including price, measurements, weight, materials and sustainability, production details, maintenance, local taxes and local/international shipping methods), and includes product’s photos following our Product Procedure;
- Supplier provides a promotional Designer’s bio and picture, see Designer Bio Procedure;
- GDG Client makes an online purchase;
- GDG sends an electronic product order (PO) request to Supplier, confirming lead time (time between reception of PO and products shipping), price and shipping method;
- Supplier receives and processes the GDG orders following the products technical sheet details and following our Order Procedure;
- Supplier ships the product diligently following our Shipping Procedure;
- Supplier invoices GDG for the shipped product and includes shipment tracking number, following our Invoicing Procedure;
- GDG tracks and confirms products reception, and issues Supplier payment, see Payment Procedure;
- In case of a client’s product rejection (returns), Supplier complies to the client’s request following our Rejection Procedure.
- Repeat steps 4 to 10, applying continuous improvement whenever necessary.
Please refer to chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8, for more details.
Our goal is to utilize available technology to implement efficiencies and improve management within the supply chain while expediting our merchandise flow to enhance our customer service. Shipments must be accurate and received 100% compliant.
Delivering what is advertised on GREEN DESIGN GALLERY e-Commerce is paramount to servicing our customers and maintaining a high quality shopping experience. Often it is a specific detail that entices the customer to purchase your product (a unique hardware, color, etc.). To avoid customer dissatisfaction, we require products to be shipped as shown on our website, as much as possible.
We understand that for most part, hand-made and made to order products fabricated from sustainable materials may result in slight variations from the initial photos provided to GREEN DESIGN GALLERY. These variations are authorised and Client will be warned as such in the GREEN DESIGN GALLERY website’s product page.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY expects advertising photos and descriptions to be provided to the buying office as per the agreed specified date. If any change is made to the product, Supplier must immediately notify GDG and provide a corrected information.
SIMPLE WAYS TO WRITE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS THAT SELL
It’s an easy mistake. Even professional copywriters make it sometimes: Writing product descriptions that simply describe your products. Why is it wrong? Because product descriptions need to sell your products.
Here are 8 simple ways to persuade our web visitors with product descriptions that sell:
- Focus on Your Ideal Buyer
- Entice with Benefits
- Avoid “Washy-Washy” Phrases
- Justify Using Superlatives
- Appeal to Your Readers’ Imagination
- Cut Through Rational Barriers with Mini-Stories
- Seduce with Sensory Words
- Tempt with Social Proof
See the details of each point on Annex #2.
HOW TO TAKE AMAZING PRODUCT PICTURES FOR WEB PUBLISHING
The Ultimate DIY Guide to Beautiful Product Photography
If there’s one thing that’s true when it comes to e-commerce, it's that the perceived value of your products and the trustworthiness of your business is often judged by the quality of the web design. And a big part of having an attractive website these days also means having high-quality, beautiful product photography.
But it's not just aesthetics we're talking about. Showcasing your products with high-quality images can also be the winning difference between a conversion and no sale at all.
Keep in mind the Client can’t see or touch your product; but your product description and photo quality will entice him/her to go ahead and make the purchase.
Please see Annex #3 with a simple yet complete tutorial on product photography.
In order to better help us help YOU sell your products, awesome pictures are necessary, and some rules need to be followed to ensure website cohesion and design lines.
Here are GDG’s product image requirements for your listing to go up:
- Images are in color (no black and white);
- We work with JPEG, GIF or PNG files, but JPEGs are easiest to work with and are the default file type for photos;
- They must be at least 1000 pixels in either height or width (but we encourage the photo to be as large as possible);
- We require 1 main picture and 5 to 6 secondary pictures (larger quantities are allowed too, GDG will assess each situation carefully);
- The main photo must be of the product only, with the full product in the frame and taking up 85% or more of the canvas (save your pretty in-context shots for additional “other view” images and social media);
- The background must be pure white (#ffffff) and the product needs to be in focus, well-lit and with realistic colors;
- We do not allow borders or text on images;
- We do not allow watermarks;
- A file name needs to include the product’s name as well as the appropriate file extension (for example, .jpg or .png).
If you are not comfortable taking the pictures yourself or not satisfied with their quality, please hire a professional. It will be a good investment on your part!
The product pictures are of the utmost importance and will make a big difference in sales.
Do not underestimate their strategic value.
DESIGNER BIO PROCEDURE
Even though we live in a fast-paced world, and thus many people suffer from information overload, we still love a good story. So understanding how to write a bio that gets read is more important now than ever.
The days are gone when we only relied on our boring resumes to emphasize our achievements. Unlike a resume, a bio is less formal. This gives you the opportunity to share your story, build trust and make a positive connection with the reader.
Your bio should explain who you are, what you do, add a dash of your personality, and then leave the reader with confidence in you. Whether you are an artist or a designer, a good bio is an important part of your promotional material.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will generate and send a valid purchase order (PO) to Supplier.
All POs will confirm this shipping information (most of these elements have been previously provided by Supplier in the Product Technical Sheet):
- PO number
- Product name, description, color and quantity
- Product price
- Package size
- Package weight
- Departing country
- Local taxes
- Destination country
- Shipping method and cost (local or international)
- Shipping insurance value and cost
- Custom duties and taxes (if international shipping)
We will not accept verbal commitments, phone orders, or worksheets. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of the E-Commerce Partnership Agreement. These terms apply to all purchase orders.
Supplier will verify all the information on the purchase order document. If details are not accurate, contact Us. Do not ship merchandise until you receive verification that all issues have been resolved by requesting a new copy of the actual order,
Upon receipt of our purchase order, take the time to verify all the information on the document - if the details are not accurate, contact Us and resolve the issue(s) prior to shipping.
All merchandise must be shipped to Client according to GREEN DESIGN GALLERY packing instructions, see section 6, Packing and Shipping Standards.
Supplier is responsible for the product manufacturing and shipping (CASE A). If, for any particular reason Supplier can not comply with the shipping requirements, GREEN DESIGN GALLERY offers the possibility of conducting the product shipment (CASE B).
CASE A - Supplier Ships Product Directly to Client
In general, the Supplier must ship all ordered merchandise directly to Client’s address, as provided by GREEN DESIGN GALLERY in the Product Order Request, following all cross docking requirements:
- To hold a valid GREEN DESIGN GALLERY purchase order number (PO),
- To produce the product within the time-frame and specifications agreed upon,
- To ship all orders prepaid and DDP (Delivered Duty Paid), which means that Supplier is responsible for payment of duty and fees and to insure the goods,
- To provide an accurate Shipping Tracking Number and Shipping Manifest to GREEN DESIGN GALLERY as soon as product shipping occurs,
- To provide GREEN DESIGN GALLERY with other related shipping information,
- To comply with Accounts Payable procedure (see Accounts Payable section).
CASE B - Supplier Fulfills the Order and GDG is Responsible for Shipment Logistics to Client
In some special cases, where Supplier is unable to ship the product as required. Only is these cases will GREEN DESIGN GALLERY intervene and become responsible for the shipping. In these cases, the cost of shipping is evidently subtracted from the product price by Supplier.
As soon as Supplier advices GREEN DESIGN GALLERY of product readiness, GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will utilise one of it’s shipping partners (FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Canada Post, etc.) to organize product pick-up and shipment to Client. Supplier will need to:
- Hold a valid purchase order number (PO),
- Produce the product within the time-frame and specifications agreed upon,
- To comply with Accounts Payable requirements (see Accounts Payable section).
CONSUMER READY MERCHANDISE
Merchandise is expected to be 100% compliant upon receipt. Our Consumer Ready requirements are:
- Merchandise must be 100% compliant to products description,
- Merchandise must be properly packaged (see Shipping and Packing section),
- Merchandise must be correctly shipped depending on the product category and fabrication (see Packing Guide),
- Supplier Compliance applies to all GREEN DESIGN GALLERY product Catalog.
The purpose of achieving compliance is to expedite our merchandise flow to enhance customer service.
TAXES AND IMPORT/EXPORT DUTIES
Supplier is responsible for paying all sales and use taxes, VAT, export and/or import taxes and duties and all transactional taxes or levies related to each Item purchased (collectively, “Taxes”).
When shipping, Supplier will also determine, pay, collect, remit and report to the appropriate taxing authority the correct amount of all export and/or import taxes or duties payable upon export of the Item from its country of origin and import into the Client’s country of residence. Supplier will include all these fees when invoicing GDG (see Invoicing Policy).
If GDG is the one responsible for shipment, except for Supplier local taxes, all other relevant taxes and fees will be calculated by GREEN DESIGN GALLERY and will be included in the product published price on GREEN DESIGN GALLERY’s website.
Some of the Items sold on the GREEN DESIGN GALLERY website may require cultural, customs and endangered species permits for export from the country where they are located and import into Client′s country. Items may also be subject to a right of the country from which they are exported to purchase the Items from Client, sometimes called a “right of pre-emption”.
If the listing of any Item on the Site discloses that the Item requires a cultural export permit or Supplier, or GREEN DESIGN GALLERY disclose such requirement after confirmation of the sale but before the shipper picks up the Item, or Client first learns that an export permit is required after the Item has been picked up by the shipper, and Supplier is unable to obtain the export permit within thirty (30) days after the later of confirmation of the sale or disclosure of the requirement for the export permit, Client may rescind the sale of such Item by giving written notice to GREEN DESIGN GALLERY within seven (7) business days after expiration of the applicable thirty (30) day period.
In no event shall Client be entitled to rescind a sale more than ninety (90) days after the date of the sale to Client (except only in cases where the order was not received).
If the sale is rescinded, Client shall cause the affected Item to be returned to Supplier. Upon such return, GREEN DESIGN GALLERY shall return Client′s premium and any additional portion of the Total Purchase Price held by GREEN DESIGN GALLERY to Client and GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will use reasonable efforts to cause Supplier to return to Client the remainder of the Total Purchase Price. The benefit of this right of rescission is not assignable and belongs solely to Client.
Please note that GREEN DESIGN GALLERY, following its Clients wishes, reserves the right to refuse and return a product. Product returns are accepted ONLY in these cases:
- Merchandise does not have a valid purchase order
- Merchandise was received damaged
- Merchandise does not meet our purchase order specifications (style, color, etc.)
The Client has 48 hours, from the time of product receipt, to contact GDG and ask for a product return. GDG does not accept any product rejections after this time limit.
48 hours Rejection Policy - Return Procedure:
- Only applicable if product is received damaged or received by mistake;
- Client must send pictures to GDG (which will be sent to Supplier) proving the products defectiveness;
- GDG validates return, asks Client to ship back to Supplier and advices Supplier of return;
- Client ships the rejected product back to the Supplier, via common carrier, appropriate package, F.O.B. Origin and freight collect (shipping fees are payable at reception by Supplier);
- Client sends return shipping proof to GDG and we will issue a full refund;
- Supplier gets product back and pays for return shipment as the return was a result of Suppliers order fulfillment negligence;
- Client may order product again if so desired.
To maintain your merchandise in saleable condition, please follow these GREEN DESIGN GALLERY packing and shipping guidelines. Keep in mind that the shipping route may be rough on the packages and as so, products may move and/or be damaged. Please MAKE SURE to properly secure your packages.
To ensure the best shipping possible, the packing must be as flat and as small as possible. Make sure all items are sealed tight and nothing can move inside the box. If not, items may shift during shipping, thus increasing the risk for damage.
Merchandise not shipped according to these specifications may result in a product return (see Rejection Procedure):
- Shipments must arrive packed by PO,
- You are encouraged to use recyclable, ecologically safe packing materials to prevent concealed loss or damage during transit so that it is received in saleable condition,
- Place tissue or cardboard between the layers of merchandise if necessary to prevent crushing and shifting of the contents,
- Merchandise must be pre-assembled and packaged,
- Strings or Rubber bands may be used to prevent shifting (do not use wire),
- Tape (white or transparent) may be used to secure over bubble wrap,
- Assist the shipper or Freight Carrier by identifying cartons with specific handling information as “Do Not Crush” or “This End Up” if the merchandise inside is easily crushed or wrinkled,
- Concealed damages or shortages without any proof of visible damage or tampering with the package will be Supplier’s responsibility.
Suppliers are encouraged to use recyclable, ecologically safe packing materials to prevent concealed loss or damage during transit so that it is received in saleable condition.
However, in some cases, GREEN DESIGN GALLERY requires clear polyethylene bags to be used to preserve the integrity of certain products (i.e. sunglasses, jewelry, handbags - see Packing Instructions below):
In these cases:
- Individually sold items must be packed separately in polybags,
- Merchandise sold in sets must be packed in the same polybag (see Packing Guide),
- Utilize the appropriate polybag size allowing merchandise to fit comfortably,
- Polybags must be securely sealed,
- All polybags are required to have the following safety warning - this text should be clearly printed on the bag in a visible location.
Boxed individually as direct-to-customer shipments and securely sealed
Individually packaged / boxed and placed in individual polybag
Individually packaged / boxed and placed in individual polybag
Handbags, Small Leather Goods
Individually packaged / boxed and placed in individual polybag
Home & Gift
Sets or units sold separately / boxed in units or sets
BOX / CARTON SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Merchandise must be packed into conveyable carton and securely sealed with shipping tape,
- Cartons may be opened for customs – ensure merchandise is packaged properly so that cartons can be resealed,
- Carton strength must be adequate to prevent crushing or damage during transit,
- Select a carton that best fits the product,
- All inner packages of master packs should be of new shippable cardboard (not recycled),
- Use foam beads or condensed shredded paper to stabilize the product in the box,
- Supplier must print out and insert inside the shipping box a proper GREEN DESIGN GALLERY labeled Order Slip (Including PO number) provided by Us,
- If there is assembly necessary, Supplier must also Include proper assembly guidelines in English inside the shipping box,
- Any other documentation directed to Client and inserted in the box must be previously approved by GREEN DESIGN GALLERY,
- It is strictly prohibited to Include any other kind of Supplier documentation and/or marketing efforts directed to Client inside the shipping box or carton (besides Supplier label marked directly on the product).
Any infringement to these regulations may conclude in Supplier partnership termination.
Labels should be printed, not handwritten and must contain all required information as follows (as supplied in PO request):
FROM: Supplier name (or Company name)
Supplier full address (no PO Boxes)
Green Design Gallery Purchase Order (PO) number
TO: Client name (or Company name)
Client full address (PO Boxes are NOT allowed for shipping)
Client phone number
The Shipping Label is provided by Supplier, and it must identify Client’s name as the buyer and the transportation documents must name Supplier as the consignee.
Do not indicate GREEN DESIGN GALLERY as the buyer OR as the consignee on any customs entry documents.
Supplier is the responsible party that initiates the international transaction and is entirely responsible for customs clearance. These may be charged back to GDG by including them in the Order invoice.
LABEL PLACEMENT GUIDELINES
The following carton label placement guidelines apply to all shipments. For questions, please contact Us.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Supplier Quality Management can conduct accuracy audits on Supplier shipments and overall Client satisfaction.
PARTIAL SHIPMENTS AND BACK ORDERS
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY accepts partial and back order shipments as long as the purchase order remains approved and is shipped prior to a mutually agreed date.
Do not substitute any units on any purchase order.
If you cannot ship as specified, please communicate with Us.
All merchandise must be distributed, marked, and shipped as indicated on the GREEN DESIGN GALLERY purchase orders.
Supplier has full control in setting the price of the products sold to GREEN DESIGN GALLERY, and being responsible for product shipping, ensure to factor in the cost of shipping and necessary shipping materials.
If Supplier is unable to ensure shipping, GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will provide Suppliers with a corporate shipping account number, and will also cover the cost of shipping. But Supplier will have to purchase packing materials (such as boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc.) and prepare product for shipping. See Shipping Guide.
If Supplier is shipping a large work that requires crating, ensure to list that cost in addition to the cost of your item. For Port of Entry (POE) shipments, special purchase orders and container shipments, please contact Us for instructions.
SUPPLIER DELIVERED MERCHANDISE
We strongly encourage you to work with a carrier listed here.
International Freight Shipping: FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Lumis, United States Postal Service - USPS (ships internationally from the US), Canada Post (ships internationally from Canada), your National Carrier.
If you choose a different shipping company, first inform GREEN DESIGN GALLERY. If your chosen carrier fails to meet our shipping standards and any damages occur, Client can return the product back to Supplier, see Rejection Procedure.
For freight collect shipments, Suppliers must call the appropriate location to schedule an appointment at least 2 business days prior to the anticipated delivery date.
BILL OF LADING
We prefer an electronically transmitted shipment confirmation or Bill of Lading (BOL) for all shipments. Suppliers working with an authorized carrier are responsible for establishing the preferred method of receiving this BOL. Failure to follow our authorized carrier’s preferred means of receiving Bills of Lading may result in an expense offset fee.
NOTE: A separate BOL must be provided for each shipment.
The carrier Bill of Lading must Include the following information:
- All purchase orders
- Total number of cartons for each purchase order
- Total weight and total cubic feet for each shipment
- Merchandise description
- Clients name and shipping address
- Supplier name and shipping address
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY is committed to efficiently process payment for all invoices. Non-compliance with our invoicing standards may cause processing delays. Payment Terms are upon receipt of invoice and shipping confirmation. Due dates will be extended until the invoice is received.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will provide a copy of the setup documents and will work with Supplier to ensure the proper payment terms are negotiated. The following documentation is required by Accounts Payable to complete your setup request: Supplier Registration Form, Product Technical Sheets, and a blank copy of Supplier’s invoice.
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A GREEN DESIGN GALLERY SUPPLIER
All requirements listed below must be met in order to be set up as a GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Supplier:
- A physical presence with a full address (no PO Box # allowed),
- A proper company Incorporation / registration # from country of origin (when available),
- Invoices for all shipments are in English, in U.S. dollars,
- Receive all GREEN DESIGN GALLERY payments by fund transfer (PayPal),
- Only in last resort, payment can be issued by check in U.S. dollars, mailed by post to physical company address,
- Handle all billing inquiries and payment issues in English,
- Fully comply with all relevant government licenses,
- Fully comply with GDG’s Shipping Instructions.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY requires one invoice, per PO. Invoices must be sent electronically to GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc., Attn: Supplier Accounts Payable, email@example.com.
Send only one original invoice. Do not recycle invoice numbers. Send all paper invoices in a single envelope. Group your documents by PO and invoice date.
Invoices must meet the following standards for financial control and legislative purposes:
- Supplier name and remittance address;
- GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Supplier number;
- GREEN DESIGN GALLERY address;
- Purchase order number (one PO # per invoice);
- Invoice date (Ship Date) NOTE: Post-dated invoices will not be accepted;
- Payment terms;
- Unique numeric invoice number (10-digit max) - For multi-page invoice, Include invoice and page number on each page;
- Total merchandise cost and units per PO, as on the purchase order.
Invoices must only contain merchandise as detailed on the GREEN DESIGN GALLERY purchase order. Do not Include any other charges.
Supplier is responsible for the products shipping (domestic and international) as well as shipping’s costs (insurance, taxes, customs, etc.). These costs will be shown separate from the product cost on invoice.
If Supplier is not able to perform the shipment AND that there is a prior agreement with GREEN DESIGN GALLERY, GDG will pay for shipment charges, in addition to the agreed product charges.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will not pay for additional charges (ticketing, special order, handling, etc.) that appear on a merchandise invoice.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY practices Open account trading for all Supplier payments.
Supplier ships the ordered goods to the client, and asks for payment from GDG within an agreed period (see Payment Terms).
- GREEN DESIGN GALLERY default payment terms of invoices are Net 15 days, meaning payment to the Supplier is issued 15 days (maximum) after the date of the invoice.
- PayPal Funds Transfers (or cheques only if necessary), are issued once weekly (Wednesdays) as payments become due.
- Payments cannot be issued to an external Supplier mailing address, nor will cheques be forwarded to units to hand-deliver or held for pickup.
- All payments are made in US dollars.
INVOICE CORRECTIONS AND SUPPLIER DISPUTES
If the PO or contract invoice is Incorrect or there is a dispute with the Supplier (i.e. goods or services have not been satisfactorily received), GREEN DESIGN GALLERY will immediately notify the responsible Supplier for assistance in resolving the issue. Payment Services should also be notified to hold payment to Supplier until the matter is resolved.
RETENTION AND FILING OF SOURCE DOCUMENTS
CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency) regulations require that GREEN DESIGN GALLERY retains source documents for seven (7) years plus the current year. This Includes the original financial transaction complete with original approval signatures and supporting documents for audit verification and review.
SUPPLIER INFORMATION UPDATES
To prevent any payment process delays, notify us of any changes (i.e., address updates, company status changes). Be sure to Include the following information in your communication:
- Your company name and Supplier number
- Old company address and new company address (if applicable)
- Previous parent company name and new parent company name (if applicable)
- State reason for update (i.e., move, merger)
- New payment account information, if applicable
- Point of contact: email address, phone numbers
- Effective date of change
The GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Partnership Agreement document is available upon request.
Please contact Soraya Zarate, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
We will be happy to count you as an exclusive Partner Supplier!
Soraya Zarate, MSc, SSGB
Founder & CEO
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc.
INTERNATIONAL GREEN DESIGN GUIDELINES
PLEASE WRITE TO email@example.com FOR THE INTEGRAL "SUPPLIER TECHNICAL GUIDE" PDF DOCUMENT INCLUDING THE ABOVE MENTIONED ANNEXES.
GREEN DESIGN GALLERY Inc.