Share Your Talent!
We're passionate about contemporary + sustainable design and we're always on the lookout for interesting products to add to our collections. If you're a maker, designer, or dreamer of great ideas, we want to see your product or collection. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our buyers will review your work and get back to you in 1-2 weeks. Please note, GDG respects your intellectual property.
Not sure if your designs are right for our GDG collections? Learn more about what makes an item a GDG product...
To ensure alignment and compliance with our standards, policies and expectations, all GDG suppliers must abide by our Supplier Partnership Agreement, Supplier Technical Guide, and GDG Code of Conduct. They commit to living up to our core values and meeting the highest standards of ethical and professional behaviour.
As importantly, we will only engage with suppliers whose products meet as many as the requirements of our sustainable design principles as possible (outlined in our Sustainability Policy), including:
- Low-impact materials: Non-toxic, sustainably produced or recycled / reclaimed / repurposed / upcycled materials which require little energy to process;
- Renewability: Materials come from nearby (local or regional), sustainably managed renewable sources that can be composted when their usefulness has been exhausted;
- Energy efficiency: Production processes which require less energy;
- Emotionally durable design: Reducing consumption and waste of resources by increasing the durability of relationships between people and products, through design;
- Design for reuse and recycling: Products should be designed thinking of an eventual “afterlife”;
- Biomimicry: Processes and products imitating nature’s benefits, enabling the constant reuse of materials in continuous cycles;
- No animal cruelty: We only sell products made without harm to animals;
- Carbon footprint: Processes and materials minimizing the greenhouse gas emissions;
- Innovative technical processes: Using production techniques maximizing efficiency as lean production, CNC production (minimizes waste), 4RV-E (Reduction at source, Reuse of a product, Recovery, Recycling and Valorization of residual material and as a last resort the Elimination), as eco-innovative as possible;
- Logistics optimization: Made-to-order and just-in-time production;
- Packaging: Eco-friendly packaging materials, flat-packed shipping as much as possible, default cargo freight shipping, sustainability oriented shipping partners;
- Design democratization: Increased accessibility through collaborative design: Open source /Open design and Kick-starters (community product financing);
- Social & community impact: Offer labor and fair wages to vulnerable communities.
We're determined to work with the very best independent designers/makers/small companies across the globe and supply chain in a way that's responsible and an exemplar of integrity. But that's a two way street, and in return, we expect the very highest standards from our suppliers. We believe in challenging, but fair relationships, open, honest and built on trust - we know that we only want to work with supply partners who share our values.
PLEASE SEE GREEN DESIGN GALLERY'S SUPPLIER TECHNICAL GUIDE HERE
Let's Work together!
At GDG, we have big plans to grow our business while reducing our overall environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact, and only through partnering with you, our designer suppliers, will sustainable growth be achievable.
GDG's ambitious growth agenda means that across North-America and Europe (our 2 major markets in which we sell our products), our team is working from a network of dozens of suppliers, worldwide.
Our suppliers' products and services are an integral part of our commercial operations, ensuring our e-Marketplace to be at the top of its efficiency, and capable of marketing and continually improving the hundreds of unique items we showcase today.
Together we can, and WE WILL, deliver the most diverse, high-end, innovative, contemporary + sustainable furniture and home products that meet our consumer and customer needs and achieve the commitments set out in our Sustainability & Innovation 2020 Goals.
The market is ever-changing, and we're determined to be industry leaders. To achieve that, we rely on superb suppliers. Let's work together: let's make it happen.
Would You Like To Become A GDG Supplier?
If you would like to be considered as a potential supplier to GDG, please email your company and service information to email@example.com.
NB - Do you have great ideas and wish to produce incredible products, but have difficulties manufacturing them? WE CAN HELP! Our professional services team will be happy to assist you in any area of your growing business.
- Green Design Gallery (GDG)