Love what you do.
A job doesn't have to be business as usual. Come work for a company you can believe in, doing work you can be proud of, together with people who inspire you.
Working at Green Design Gallery
We believe in the idea that you can come to work, and help make the world a better place in the same day. Green Design Gallery is a family-run, independent, privately owned company. The company was founded with strong entrepreneurial spirit and that spirit is a part of everything that we do. Our culture is very much that of a family – we take care of each other, we are respectful and supportive, and we have fun.
Our motto of “leaving the earth better then we found it” comes from our culturally mixed roots and is core to all that we do. Our goals are clear, and we work hard to achieve them.
A Global Sustainable Design Community
As an independently owned business, we are proud to carry high-end contemporary + sustainable products made by artists, designers and other small businesses, coming from all over the world. All of Green Design Gallery's products were selected following thorough sustainable design criteria (see our Sustainability Policy for more information). About half of what we sell is handmade. And most of our products are one-of-a-kind, meaning you'll never find them anywhere else.
Dedication to Great Service
Green Design Gallery's customers come first. Our top-ranked multi-lingual customer service team is always working to make shopping with us a better experience for our customers. Continuous improvement is a high-ranked corporate value, therefore we are always refining our procedures, processes, products, and website.
A Positive Impact
As an earth-conscious organisation, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of social responsibility. Among other initiatives, we only sell products made without harm to animals, we compensate for our customers orders carbon emissions related to the shipping of their products, and we donate 1% of our profits to a environmental charity, following GDG sustainability & Innovation 2020 Goals.
What We Are Looking For
Our team members are passionate about our mission and vision. Additionally, we have five core competencies that form the basis of our recruitment, training and performance management philosophy. We strive to build a culture that is:
- Performance Driven : Demonstrating initiative in supporting the goals and overall strategy of the company;
- Always Improving : Commitment to LEAN, creative problem solving and continual improvement;
- Team Focused : Developing a culture of high-functioning and supportive teams;
- Honorable & Respectful : Contributing to a work environment that honors and respects the needs of each stakeholder;
- Sustainably & Socially Conscious : Involvement in practices that decrease our negative environmental impact and increase our positive community impact.
What We Can Offer
Our recruitment philosophy is that as much as we’re looking for the right people to join our team, we recognize that you are also looking for the right company for you. We offer a number of benefits that support our company culture:
- Flexible work environment where your unique skills and experience are valued
- An innovative, high-performance work environment
- An inclusive and supportive workplace, with regular opportunities to be heard
- Opportunities to make an impact - through leading-edge work in our sector, through volunteering, and more
- Each member of our team receives five hours per month of paid time away from the office to volunteer for sustainability projects
- A total-rewards employee package, which includes: competitive compensation, attractive time-off policies, an employee-assistance program, etc.
Our Internship Program
Green Design Gallery offers internships to outstanding individuals who are interested in the sustainable furniture industry. As an intern, we would work with you to first understand your goals, and then to set appropriate and achievable growth objectives. At Green Design Gallery, you’ll find challenges that will allow you to learn, and the support that you will need to succeed.
Want to join the team?
Thank you for your interest in working with Green Design Gallery. Our wonderfully talented and inspiring team makes our services possible through their dedication and effort.
If you would like to know more about joining our team, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Green Design Gallery (GDG)